"Oh no. That is so inconvenient." #LoveActually came out TEN years ago and I still watch it every December. This is my favorite story line this year.
MEG & HERC AS MERPEEPS!!
If the creator of this minions’ meme knows you don’t have to paint them black to portray the black characters in this show, why couldn’t Julianne Hough, a successful woman who MUST have come across one black person in her life. Black Face is not a costume. Black Face is not a joke. It IS -notice I said IS, not WAS, but IS- A tool is the exploitation of black culture. It IS dehumanizing. It IS disrespectful. It IS wrong. Don’t ask me for an explanation as to why, dont reference white chicks, don’t even say shit to me defending this fuck shit. I don’t give a fuck if she feels bad after the fact. I don’t give a fuck if she “didn’t know”. Matter of fact, I do give a fuck if she didn’t know because most of you don’t know and instead of realizing that you don’t know and just saying “oh I see…” You defend shit you don’t know about which is mind boggling. And don’t get me wrong when I say “you” I don’t just mean white people, I mean any HUMAN that isn’t as equally offended at this as I am. You don’t have to be black/brown/yellow/red to understand why black/brown/yellow/red face is wrong- and notice i said wrong and not offensive- because “offensive” implies that it only offends a particular group- this is wrong. It should offend everyone. Are you proud that your great great grandparents probably protested the march on Washington? Are you proud that your ancestors owned and sold blacks like they were animals? Are you proud of the genocide of entire culture? No right? The answer should be no anyway, so you should be equally upset at someone reminding you through their foolish fucking actions that this is the type of people you come from.
How does a grown woman think it’s not offensive to wear blackface for halloween?
Yo, White person selling overpriced shit on Etsy…
1. Your store name contains a slur. Well done there.
2. This “Indian chief portrait” is almost $500, which you envision as the profit owed to you for ‘creating it’.
3. You found the original image of the Oglala Lakota leader Red Cloud by searching “old indian chief” on Google Images. And you did an awful job of reproducing it.
4. You dare to sell his likeness to go along with some “cool tribal pillows” that bastardize and monetize legitimate traditional arts and cultures.
5. Makhpiya-Luta (Red Cloud) spent his entire life fighting to maintain the integrity of his Nation against the constant assault of White American forces. Your attempt to make money off of his image is a fully-wrought colonial act, made possible by your racist disregard for Native peoples and the history of the land you live on.
You should burn your painting out of respect for the man it defames.
this that white bullshit
Reblogging this because it’s important for non natives to know that this is not okay do do, if you aren’t native then there is no reason for you to make or “reproduce” native art. End of story.
Hmmmm … if only I could send this to the white girl in my class who practices “Native American spirtiuality” …
and my apartment looks like this.
But at the end of it I’m like
and 10 minutes later I’m like
and then I realized that this is THE LAST BOOK. THIS TRILOGY IS OVER.
so where is my Jack Daniels?